CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Lindsay!!

Yesterday my daughter went to a friend's birthday party.  She turned 9 and they had a joint party between her and her little brother (I believe he was turning 3).  It was a really cool party!!  They had vintage looking "cars" for everyone to sit in (there were 2 REALLY big cars and they each had 3 or 4 rows in them) and they had them in their garage.  They watched a movie on the garage wall kind of like a drive in movie and they had a "concession stand" where they had soft pretzels, popcorn, cotton candy, candy, etc.!!  VERY cool!!!  Their mom did an AWESOME job and put a LOT of time and effort into this party!  My daughter had a GREAT time!  At the end, they had a photo booth and everyone needed a partner to get a picture with.  Unfortunately, my daughter didn't have one.  My husband was there to pick her up so he got in the photo with her.  I LOVE this!  I am using their photo strip as my book mark now b/c I just absolutely love the photo! 

The REALLY cool thing about the party was, this little girl decided that she didn't want gifts this year but instead, she wanted everyone to bring a book to donate to the NICU.  She and her brother were both NICU babies and I think this was such a generous and very awesome idea!!!  How special she is for thinking of something like that!!  Great job Lindsay!

Well, we couldn't go to the party without having a birthday card could we?!  Soooo, we picked out some fun colors to make a fun and cute card for Lindsay!  Lindsay LOVES icecream!  In fact, in one of my older posts, we made a card for Lindsay with an icecream cone on it to thank her for being a great friend to my daughter.  I LOVE this Birthday card we made.  It's so fun and bright!!  I hope it brought a smile to her face!! 

Here's the card:
For the girl, I used Everyday Paper Dolls.  For the Hair, I used Paper Doll Dress Up.  The Ballon and the Icecream cone are also from Everyday Paper Dolls.  The ribbon and paper are from my stash.  For the face, I used Everyday Character Face Assortment from Peachy Keen stamps and added white to the eyes with a jelly roll pen as well as adding some chalks to her cheeks!  For her hair, and the icecream cone, I decided to accent them both a little buy going around the edges with a marker in a similar color.  I really love how it looks on her hair. 
For the 100% sweet sentiment, I used Sweet Goodness from My Pink Stamper.  Inside, the sentiment is "Have a totally sweet birthday!" from the same stamp set.

I really love how this card turned out and all the bright colors! 

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment